Prof.Dr. Arzu Topeli
- Full time Professor (since 2007) of Internal Medicine and Intensive Care and the Director of Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine (HUFM) Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Intensive Care Medicine in Ankara since 1998, the first and the only accredited ICU by the European Board of Intensive Care Medicine in Turkey in 2006.
- Graduated from HUFM in 1991, completed her residency in Internal Medicine in HUFM in 1996, worked as a fellow in Loyola University at Chicago, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine from 1996 to 1998.
- Received American Thoracic Society young investigator award in 2000 and European Respiratory Society COPD local research award in 2001.
- Founding member and the first president of Turkish Society of Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Medicine which was established in 2005.
- Chief Physician of Hacettepe University Adult Hospital, where a modern 83 single-bed intensive care department was established (2011-2016).
- Council member of World Federation of Intensive and Critical Care between 2013-2019 (Treasurer for the last 2 years).
- Head of Department of Internal Medicine in HUFM (2018 – )
- Deputy of Health Services Research and Outcome Section and a member of Research Committee of European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (2019 – ).
- Member of Turkish Ministry of Health Advisory Board of COVID-19 Pandemic (2020).
- Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Critical and Intensive Care indexed in E-SCI (WOS).
- President of World Intensive Care Congress in Istanbul in 2023.
- Clinical and Research Interest: Mechanical ventilation, sepsis, chronic-critically ill, ICU organisation.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Kursat Gundogan
- He currently works as an Associate Professor in Erciyes University School of Medicine, Division of Intensive Care Unit, Kayseri, Turkey since 2011. Prior to his current job, he worked as an Internal Medicine specialist in the Ministry of Health Hospitals for 4 years.
- He graduated from Erciyes University, Faculty of Medicine with an MD degree in 1998.
- He served as a Research/Clinical Fellow in Clinical Nutrition in the Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine and the Nutrition and Metabolic Support Service, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta Georgia, USA (2012-2013).
- He has been a member of Erciyes University Scientific Research Committee since 2016.
- He is the coordinator of Erciyes University Health Sciences Institute Clinical Nutrition PhD Programme.
- He is the Vice-Director of Gevher Nesibe Genome and Stem Cell Institute.
- He has a certificate as LLL Trainer (ESPEN Long-Life Learning Programe on Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism).
- Dr. Gundogan has 23 international published articles indexed in PubMed. He has national and international several presentations about critically-ill patients and nutrition. He wrote and international book chapter (Gundogan K and Ziegler T.R. “Amino Acid Composition in Parenteral Nutrition” Editors: R. Rajendram, V.R. Preedy, V.B. Patel, Diet and Nutrition in Critical Care, Springer Reference, Article ID: 439327 · Chapter ID: 158, 2015).
- He is in the executive committee of Clinic Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition Society (KEPAN) (Turkish PEN Society).
- He is the Associate Editor-in Erciyes Medical Journal indexed in E-SCI (WOS).
- He is a member of ESICM MEN section working group and he is a member of ESPEN micronutrient writing committee.